Friday, February 18, 2011

Our First Date

Ten years ago today, I had a hot date with a handsome man that I had been talking to via email and instant messenger for a few weeks. I was beyond excited and the day could not go fast enough so that we could finally meet face to face and start our long awaited first date.


We went to see Sweet November at the theater. It stared Charlize Theron and Keanu Reeves, and it was absolutely horrible. But at the time I was high on romance and overflowing with giddiness, and I thought that it was great. My date, however, thought that it was terrible, but he was a gentleman and didn’t argue the point.

After the movie, we went out to have a drink and to get to know each other a little better. We played a few games of pool, flirted shamelessly, and thoroughly enjoyed each other’s company. Our evening flew by and before I knew it we were saying goodbye for the night. We hugged, promised to see each other again, and went our separate ways.

Ten years later, that handsome man and I have been married for eight years. We have two great kids, and although we don’t get to go out on a lot of dates right now, when we get the chance to get away, we can still flirt it up like it’s the first night all over again.

I love you so much Michael and I can’t even believe that that night was ten years ago. When you smile it reminds me of why I fell in love with you, and when you kiss me I still get butterflies. Ten years ago I was just excited about our first date and hoped that it would go well. I had no idea that it would be the beginning of our story. We still have so many more chapters ahead of us, but for me, I already got to the happily ever after.

0 comments: