Friday, February 11, 2011

This Ain't Your Typical Game of Candyland

This morning, after several games of hide and seek, a few laps around the house, and a tea party, I flopped on the couch to take a breather. Elyse hopped up on top of me and said, “Mommy, wanna play a game?” Not in a creepy Jigsaw way, but in a cute, little girl way.


Anyhow, I was like, “Urgh, ok,” and then we started playing a game that she came up with all on her own. I’m still not sure what all of the rules were, or what the purpose even was really, but she had a box of all of the little shapes from the Candyland Castle game and she would grab a random shape and ask me to name it. Then once I said whatever it was she would say, “You win, Mommy” and then hand me the piece. Now here’s the best part. When I “won” I got to put my piece in between her toes. By the end of the game she looked like this…


And that’s how we spent twenty minutes of our morning.

0 comments: