Sunday, May 9, 2010

To Aaron and Elyse...

Before you, I had no reason to carry fruit snacks in my purse, I never found full sippy cups of milk under the seat of my car, and I never used my own shirt as a tissue.


Before you, I didn’t know what it was like to hold a sick baby for hours through the night. I had no idea which diapers were more absorbent, or if Desitin or Butt Paste was the better way to go.

Before you, I couldn’t comprehend what it was like to be called “Mommy,” I had no idea how it felt to have your heart almost explode with pride, and I never realized how intoxicatingly hypnotic the smell of a baby’s head could be.

It is because of you that I am able to celebrate today and place myself in the elite group of women who have been blessed to claim the title of Mother. You have changed me in ways that I will never be able to explain and there are no words that could possibly explain how much I love you.

Thank you so much for making me your Mommy.

Happy Mother’s Day!

0 comments: