Thursday, January 6, 2011

First Knitting Project of 2011!

Happy 2011 everybody!  I can't even believe that the holidays are over, but it's nice to not have quite as much going on so that I can get back into some fun knitting projects.  This is my first finished project of 2011...

How cute are they?  The pattern is called Daphne and Delilah and can be found at Danger Crafts on Ravelry.  I had been stalking this pattern for a good long while, but I didn't have time to knit anything for the fun of it because I had so much holiday knitting to do.  Once the holidays were over though, I couldn't hold back anymore and I went ahead and bought the pattern.  I named them Violet and Rose and I'm sure they are just the first of what is sure to be many, many monster projects.

Of course now that I have one pair of monsters living in the house, I realize that a home just isn't a home without a monster, and monsters are like potato chips, you can't have just one.  My wish list of projects from this site grows every time I look at it. 
Next up is another Danger Craft pattern called Louie the Lovebot.  He is the knit-a-long project for January and I decided that he is perfect for Valentines gifts for the kids.  So I will be making two Lovebots over the next few weeks.  Be on the look out for Louie pictures soon, but in the meantime, take a look around your house and think about if maybe you need a monster or two living with you.

0 comments: