Tuesday, January 11, 2011

To Aaron on His Sixth Birthday

Dear Aaron,


How in the world did you get to be six years old? If I close my eyes I can still see the two of us in my hospital room just hours after you were born, dim light, in the wee hours of the morning, and the whole floor seemed quiet. One of the nurses had brought you in for one of your first feedings, but you weren’t really interested, so we sat together for a long time looking at each other. You were this perfectly round, blond headed little guy with great big eyes, and as I looked at you resting your head on my shoulder, you picked your head right up, looked straight into my eyes, and my heart has never been the same.

I am so proud of you Aaron and of all of the things that you have done in this last year. You graduated from preschool and moved on to kindergarten. You learned to ride your bike without training wheels. You are starting to read. You take care of your little sister in a way that makes me know that you will always watch over her, even if you push her around sometimes. The things that you come up with are hysterical, and every time that I look at you I can see the little wheels turning in your head.

You have been such a blessing to Mommy and Daddy, and we love you more than you will ever know. I hope you have a very happy sixth birthday, Monkey. I can’t wait to see what this year will bring for you.

Love,
Mommy


0 comments: