Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Not Knowing...It's Killing Me!

I am the kind of person that needs to know. Not knowing drives me insane. I had to find out what gender my children were before they were born, it drove me crazy not knowing when Mike would propose, and Lee Harvey Oswald, did he act alone or was there a conspiracy? Why won't somebody tell me?

So you can imagine how nuts I am over the fact that Aaron's school has still not sent any kind of information regarding when school starts, what he is going to need, and how I am supposed to cope with my baby leaving me. Apparently this county starts school on the 26th, as in one week from now, but supposedly pre-school starts later. So which is it, the 26th or the 2nd?

I have no school supplies because, you know, I have no list. Mike assures me that the stores are not going to run out of crayons, but what if they do? What if I take Aaron to pick out a backpack, but everything is picked over and all that is left is a Dora backpack. Then he is going to get made fun of because he is lame for having a girls bag, and then he is going to hate me for not being prepared, and I'm going to be all, "But I didn't have a list," and then twenty years from now he is going to be lying on a therapists couch saying, "Why wasn't she prepared?'

BECAUSE I DIDN'T HAVE A LIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not knowing, I don't do well with it.

1 comments:

Leslie said...

I am the same way! I stalked Julia's school website waiting for her list. And the day the letter came that would tell us her teacher's name, Dave and I literally had a grabby little fight over it. I won.